Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday: The Sweet Teas







At the Dubois home today, we covered the bathroom floor with vinyl flooring. The guys worked together most of the day removing fixtures and fitting the lineoleum. Finally, the lineoleum fit between the sink, toilet and tub; and the toilet was resealed and bolted into place. Seneca, the middle son, stopped by to check on our progress by standing on the chair outside and sticking his head through the window to talk to us. After the inauguration of President Obama, Carma Lee
(the mother) came in to say that in her 50 years she never thought she would see this day. Nor that her house would be this far done!

3 comments:

  1. Diane, I look forward each day to your entries ... thanks for doing this! Some of the photos I can open and enlarge, others I can't - do you know why that is? Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know... I am still learning.
    By the way, do you have Alan's address? We are going to try to see Wesley either tomorrow or Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure, but I think it was Elder Street (I looked at a Google map) - it's the first house on the right going west off Main Street (Rt. 613) - the Google map says 4311 Elder Street. There's something like an American Legion across the street. Lois could probably direct you to someone who would have the address on file (I know Curt and Sally would have known, but you're working with a new site manager, right?) Good luck! If you find him, give him a hug for me, for Erica, Kim ... all those who grew to love him!!!

    ReplyDelete